Contest open to Residents of the United States and Canada. Void where prohibited.
1. Official Contest Rules. These are the Official 1979 Mazda RX7 Racecar Contest Rules for the Siskiyou Sports Car Club Track Improvement Fund (hereafter, "the Charity") giveaway of the 1979 Mazda RX7 Racecar (hereafter, "the Prize").
2. Eligibility.The 1979 Mazda RX7 Racecar Contest (hereafter, "the Contest") is open to anyone 18 years or older (hereafter, "Eligible Person"). Each Eligible Person who enters the Contest is a "Contestant".
3. Sponsor of Contest. The Contest is sponsored by the Charity, Siskiyou Sports Car Club Track Improvement Fund, P.O. Box 741, Medford, OR 97501.
4. Agreement to Abide By Official Contest Rules. By submitting an Entry into the Contest in accordance with Sections 6 or 8, the Contestant fully and unconditionally accepts the Official Contest Rules and agrees to perform all conditions and obligations required herein. Each Contestant acknowledges that winning a prize is contingent upon performing all conditions and requirements herein.
5. The Contest Period. TheContest begins on September 11, 2016and ends on the date of the July 2017 Rogue Challenge Series event (7/30/17) at or about 3:00 PM PT (hereafter, "Contest Period"). The winning ticket will be drawn immediately following competition at the aforementioned event, at the Jackson County Sports Park Kart/Autocross Track, Medford, OR 97504.
6. How to Enter. Any Eligible Person may enter the Contest by obtaining an official numbered contest ticket (hereafter, "Contest Ticket") from the Charity during the Contest Period. Contest Tickets may be obtained in the following manner: (1) In person at events where tickets will be sold; (2) in person from any Charity representative or other person authorized by the Charity to sell Contest Tickets; (3) ordering tickets online by visiting www.ssccmedford.org; (4) downloading the official 1979 Mazda RX7 Racecar Giveaway Ticket Request by visiting www.ssccmedford.org and submitting the order form via regular mail with sufficient postage and payment to the Charity at Siskiyou Sport Car Club Track Improvement Fund, Attn: Racecar Drawing, P.O. Box 741 Medford, OR 97501 (5) by calling (541) 778-0461 to request that an official entry form be mailed and/or faxed to the Eligible Contestant, who will submit the order form via regular mail with sufficient postage and payment to the Charity at Siskiyou Sport Car Club Track Improvement Fund, Attn: Racecar Drawing, P.O. Box 741 Medford, OR 97501; (6) or to request a Contest Ticket without a donation to the Charity, by using the method in Section 8 below.
7. Suggested Donation for Contest Tickets. The Contest is a fundraiser for the Charity. Contest Tickets obtained by a donation to the Charity will be issued, at a minimum, in the following increments: (1) $10 for 1 ticket; (2) $20 for 2 tickets; (3) $30 for 3 tickets; (4)$40 for 4 tickets; (5) $50 for 6 tickets; (6) $100 for 14 tickets; (7) $250 for 37 tickets; (8) $500 for 77 Tickets; (8) $1,000 for 160 Tickets; (9) $2,500 for 500 Tickets. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of Contest Tickets issued and received during the contest period.
Donation Necessary to Enter or Win. An Eligible Person who wishes to obtain a
Contest Ticket without making a donation to the Charity must mail a
hand-written request entitled "1979 Mazda RX7 Racecar Opportunity Drawing" and
include his or her complete name, street address, city, state, zip code,
telephone number, and date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy), along with a self-addressed
stamped envelope to: Siskiyou Sport Car Club Track Improvement Fund, Attn: Racecar
Drawing, P.O. Box 741, Medford, OR 97501. Your request must be legibly
hand-written in ink on paper or an index card no smaller than 3.5''x5''.
Requests that are mechanical reproductions, without sufficient postage or that
do not have a verifiable and legible return address will not be accepted. There
is a limit of one Contest Ticket per outer envelope.We are an "Opportunity
Drawing" and not a raffle. Tickets are offered on the same terms and
conditions and therefore have the same chance of winningas tickets for
which a donation is suggested.
9. Winner Need Not Be Present to Win. The Grand Prize Winner of the Contest does not need to be present at the drawing to win. If the Grand Prize Winner is not present at the drawing, the Charity will make a reasonable effort to contact the Grand Prize Winner by telephone and/or email. If unsuccessful, the Charity will notify the Grand Prize Winner in writing by certified, return receipt U.S. Mail sent to the address provided by the Grand Prize Winner.
10. Selection of Grand Prize Winner. One Grand Prize Winner will be selected from all Contestants as follows:
On the date of the July 2017 Rogue Challenge Series Event (July 30, 2017), immediately following the competition, the Charity will hold a drawing and randomly select one Contest Ticket from among all Contest Tickets obtained in compliance with these Official Contest Rules. The Contestant owning the selected Contest Ticket will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner. If there is more than one name on the Contest Ticket, the Grand Prize will be awarded to the first named Eligible Person on the Contest Ticket. It is the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner in a multiple party entry to allocate any prize among the participants in a multiple party entry. The drawing will be held as scheduled, regardless of the number of Contest Tickets procured.
Drawing will take place at the Jackson County Sports Park Kart/Autocross Track in this date, rain or shine.
All drawing and Grand Prize Winner selection results are final. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of Contest Tickets issued and received. For a list of the Grand Prize winner, please visit our website at www.ssccmedford.org. The Grand Prize Winner will be posted no later than the Tuesday immediately following the drawing date.
11. Grand Prize. The grand prize is a 1979 Mazda RX7with an appraised value of $8000 (collectively, the "Grand Prize"). The Contestant selected as the winner of the Contest will receive ownership ofthe Grand Prize.
12. Tax Withholding for Grand Prize. The Grand Prize does not include sales or income taxes, license, title, and registration fees; delivery or transportation costs; or any other costs associated with the winning and use of the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize is nontransferable and non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded in "as-is, where-is, with all faults" condition. Except as expressly stated in these Official Contest Rules, the Charity makes no representation or warranty of any kind or character, expressed or implied, concerning the Grand Prize. The Contest Grand Prize Winner shall be responsible for all sales and income taxes; license, title, and registration fees; delivery or transportation costs; and any other costs associated with the winning and use of the Grand Prize.
Tax Withholding for Grand Prize.The Grand Prize Winner is responsible for paying all applicable income, sales, and any other taxes associated with winning and use of the Grand Prize. Due to recent changes in the tax law, the Internal Revenue Service requires the Charity to collect federal income taxes upon delivery of the Grand Prize to the Grand Prize Winner. Taxes will be computed as follows:
If the Grand Prize Winner supplies the Charity with his or her federal Taxpayer Identification Number ("TIN"), the Charity will withhold 25% of the fair market value of the Grand Prize, less any amount the Grand Prize Winner paid for the winning Contest Ticket (the "Net Amount"). The fair market value of the Grand Prize is $8000 (the fair market value of the 1979 Mazda RX7 Racecar is $8000. Pursuant to applicable federal and state law, if the Grand Prize Winner fails or refuses to supply his or her TIN to the Charity, then the Charity must withhold such taxes at the rate of 28% of the Net Amount. If the Grand Prize Winner is a nonresident alien individual or a foreign entity, then the Charity will withhold such taxes at the rate of 30% of the Net Amount.
The Grand Prize Winner will have 30 calendar days after the drawing to pay all required taxes to the Charity, take delivery of the Grand Prize, and meet all other requirements of these Official Contest Rules. If the Grand Prize is not redeemed by that date, or if the Grand Prize Winner does not otherwise meet all requirements of these Official Contest Rules by that date, then the Grand Prize is automatically forfeited and the Charity will select a new Grand Prize Winner at random from all remaining Contest Tickets. Within 30 calendar days of being selected, the new Grand Prize Winner must pay all required taxes to the Charity, take delivery of the Grand Prize, and meet all other requirements of these Official Contest Rules. The Charity will repeat this selection process until a Contestant is selected who complies with all Official Contest Rules and the Grand Prize is awarded.
13. Certificate of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release. To receive the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner must sign a Certificate of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release, substantially in the form attached hereto (the "Release"). The Release must be received by the Charity on or before the date 30 days following the drawing. If the Grand Prize Winner fails to sign and return the Release to the Charity by that date, or otherwise fails to meet the requirements of these Official Contest Rules, then the Grand Prize is automatically forfeited and the Charity will select a new Grand Prize Winner at random from all remaining Contest Tickets. Within 30 calendar days of being selected, the new Grand Prize Winner must sign the Release, the Release must be received by the Charity, and the New Grand Prize Winner must satisfy all other requirements of these Official Contest Rules. The Charity will repeat this selection process until a Contestant is selected who fulfills all Official Contest Rules and the Grand Prize is awarded.
14. Publicity. Acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes permission for the Charity and/or its designees to use the Grand Prize Winners name, hometown, photograph, testimonial, or other likeness, and/or Grand Prize information or personal exposition (and/or any edited portion thereof) for promotional, advertising, and/or publicity purposes in any media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without compensation or notice to, or further consent of, the Grand Prize Winner, to the extent permitted by law.
15. General Conditions. The Charity will stage the "1979 Mazda RX7 Racecar" Contest to be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, and the Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Charity reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Contest if any fraud or other problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the Contest, as determined by the Charity in its sole discretion. In such event, the Charity reserves the right to award the Grand Prize according to the "Selection of Grand Prize Winner" criteria from among the eligible Contest Tickets received as of the date of impairment. The Charity reserves the right to disqualify any individual it determines, in its sole discretion, has tampered or intends to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or is acting in violation of these Official Contest Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Charity reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Charitys delay or failure to enforce any term or provision of these Official Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
16. Release. Except where prohibited, each Contestant agrees to release and hold harmless the Charity, and its officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or the receipt or use of any prize.
17. Limitations of Liability. Except where prohibited, each Contestant agrees that the Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by a Contestant or printing errors; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Contest; (c) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (d) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from a Contestants participation in theContest or receipt of any prize.
18. Disputes. Except where prohibited: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or any prize awarded there under, other than the administration of the Contest or the determination of winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the 1979 Mazda RX7 Racecar Contest shall be resolved in Jackson County, State of Oregon and consent to jurisdiction of the appropriate court in Jackson County is given by the Contestant; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but shall not include attorneys fees or costs; and (d) under no circumstances will a Contestant be permitted to obtain punitive damages, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages except as provided by this Section, and any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased is waived by the Contestant. These Official Contest Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with California law.
19. Refunds. No refunds for Contest Tickets obtained by a donation will be given after 12:00 p.m. PST on July 28, 2017. Any orders for Contest Tickets submitted after 12:00 p.m. PST on July 25, 2017 shall be deemed null and void and any monies submitted in connection with the same shall be refunded, with the exception that any Contest Tickets acquired at the drawing event on the date July 30, 2017, prior to the drawing, will be valid and accepted as Contest Tickets.
Refunds will not be given for Contest Tickets that are not received prior to the drawing, unless the Contestant gives the Charity notice on or before 12:00 p.m. PST July 28, 2017, or 2 days before the drawing - whichever is earlier, that Contest Tickets were not received.